I have been thinking lately about the subject of African American Slavery. What an evil thing it is to enslave another person and to treat them so badly. It’s hard to understand. For a while now I’ve been thinking about reading and writing on the subject–just mainly to try to understand it, how it was. I found a textbook entitled, The African American Experience: A History. It’s quite informative and I’m learning a lot. I’m planning on blogging through it. So far I have these ten topics:
- Slavery in Africa.
- European involvement in slavery.
- Slavery moves to America. Why?
- Slave ships
- Why black slave were preferred over others
- What was the white man’s attitude toward black slaves? Racism.
- The process of slave trading.
- How were the slaves generally treated?
- Why was there such a great demand for slaves in America, especially in the south?
- Slaves fight back.
As I read on, there will be more topics such as freedom and threats to freedom, the civil war, etc. I don’t know what the topics will be. It’s hard to understand why some people treat others so badly. There is also the sad topic of the mistreatment and slavery of the Jews and also Christians. That to me is more understandable because it was and is the nature of evil–to hate what is good, to hate God and Christ. But why the African American, and why the Native American? I guess evil is all about who you can take advantage of, how you can profit. It’s all about ones own gain–loving yourself in disregard of others.