For a while now I have heard of HR1, I heard that it was bad for our country, but I didn’t exactly know what it was. Maybe you are in the same boat. Well, I got busy and did reading on it and here it is.
What is HR1?
HR1 is a 791-page bill in Congress, which has been given the title “For the People Act.” It is a bill that intends to expand voting rights and is truly a wish list for the political left. The bill is on the verge of passing into law but is presently being stalled by a filibuster.
I can’t tell you how important it is that this bill not pass into law; for it will introduce voter fraud into this country like we have never seen before, and we will quickly turn into a Communist country—where, just like Venezuela, our votes won’t mean anything.
Eight Problems with HR1
1. The bill federalizes all elections. Our founders and the Constitution guarded against putting power in one place, but this bill does just that. It takes away the power of the state to handle its own elections and gives it to the Federal government to be governed by its rules. In doing this, it will strike down all state safety protocols and will install federal rules that will damage the integrity of our elections.
2. Same-day voter registration. My state of Minnesota has had this in place for some time, but this bill would mandate it for all states. This rule will result in more fraudulent, illegal voting.
3. Gets rid of voter ID laws. States should require proof of citizenship and age requirements, but this bill strikes it down, allowing felons, illegals and 16- and 17-year-olds to vote. No wonder this administration is so eager to open up our borders.
4. It mandates mail in balloting. If this bill passes, every state must accept mail-in-ballots ten days after elections. The ballots must indicate that it was mailed on election day, but no proof of it will be required.
5. Ballot harvesting will be allowed. This type of voter trafficking (buying and selling votes) will ensure voter fraud and will turn our people into criminal maniacs.
6. Early voting. It will allow for up to 15 days of early voting.
7. Election observers to be shut out. Those who have observed the counting of ballots will no longer be allowed to do it. They will be shut out.
8. Anti-Speech laws. There will be a Soviet-style speech restriction to limit speaking—giving their opinion on the Federal voting laws.
General Comments in Opposition to HR1
May Davis, a former legal adviser to President Trump, and a writer for the Independent Women’s Forum, said of this Bill: “It strips the power from the American people and gives it to Washington politicians.”
Senator Ted Cruz called this bill, “The Corrupt Politician Act.”
Cruz said of this bill: “It’s the single most dangerous piece of legislation before Congress… It is about ensuring that Democrats remain in power and control for the next 100 years…it makes it so that Democrats will never lose.”
Mitch McConnel: “The bill is a “one-sided power grab” by the Democrat party.
Dan Crenshaw: “The bill would legalize the type of fraud seen in North Carolina in 2018.”
Mike Lee: “HR1 was as if written in Hell by the Devil himself.”
Why We Need to Pray Against HR1
If HR1 passes in to law your freedoms will be cancelled and we will quickly turn into a Communist country. Christians, if you want to maintain your freedom in this country, if you want your votes to count, pray that this bill will fail. Pray that Joe Manchin and other key Democrats will see this bill for what it is and to vote against it.
The Heritage Foundation,H.R. 1 Is a Threat to American Democracy. Period
Lisa Dixon, Republican National Layers Association, Top Ten Problems with HR1
Jonathan Bydlak, the “For the People Act,” is a direct attack on free speech and federalism
May Davis, Four Top Problems with HR1
Sen. Cruz on H.R.1, ‘It’s the Single Most Dangerous Piece of Legislation Before Congress’