I am continuing to share with you my reading notes from Dinesh D’Souza’s book, the Big Lie. Click here to see the previous post on this subject.
Notes from pages 5-14
- The left has managed to transfer the blame for racism (slavery, the Klu Klux Klan, etc.) from the Dem. Party to the Rep. Party. How was it done? They told lies. Lies were taught in classrooms; lies were made into movies and TV shows; lies were reported in the media as truth.
- These lies were revealed in the book Hillary’s America—and the left was outraged. Dinesh D’Souza noted that in 1860, the year before the Civil War, no republican owned any slaves; they were all owned by Democrats (p. 5).
- It has come to be in this present culture that whenever someone doesn’t like what you believe in, he will call you Hitler or a Nazi. So the terms Nazi and fascism have become meaningless.
- However, when multiple people say you’re a fascist, that makes it seem that you really are a fascist—and so the lie spreads.
- When Trump has been compared to fascists and Nazis, they were (and are) seeking to make his presidency illegitimate.
- What else did people do to try to convince the greater public that Trump was an illegitimate president? Did they investigate the voting records, etc.? Maybe a little; but mainly they told lies about him. They said he was unfit; some called for his impeachment; some even called for his assassination.