I think there is no better source than Dinesh D’Souza’s books to lay out the history of racism and Fascism, and to expose its roots. In this blog I am picking out a few quotes from his book The Big Lie, which I just finished reading. In these first quotes he really hits the Democrat Party hard, and we will also see them blaming their racism and fascism of the right wing—incredible!
- Robert Paxton stated in his, The Anatomy of Fascism: “It may be that the earliest phenomenon that can be functionally related to fascism is American: the Ku Klux Klan.” D’Souza writes that the Klan was the domestic terrorist arm of the Democratic Party.
- The racism of the Democratic Party in America not only preceded the racism of the Nazis, it lasted for longer—more than a century compared to the twelve years of Nazi rule in Germany.
- The Democratic Party’s racism after the Civil War was preceded by the Democratic Party’s defense of slavery and its support of policies for the relocation and extermination of American Indians. What term other than genocide can we use to describe Democratic President Andrew Jackson’s mass relocation of the Indians?
- D’Souza compares the Nazi camps to the slave plantations. He states, “What is the slave plantation if not a special type of concentration camp?” He writes that both were work camps, both were forced labor, both were treated harshly with little regard for the lives of the workers, and in both cases the workers were considered inferior and even subhuman. And who were the bosses? Nazis and Democrats!
- D’Souza writes, “Margaret Sanger and her fellow progressive eugenicists didn’t get their ideas for killing off undesirables—or preventing their births—from the Nazis; the Nazis got them from their American counterparts who dominated the field of international eugenics.”
- Woodrow Wilson was a racist who was almost single-handedly responsible for the revival of the Ku Klux Klan… According to historian, Robert Paxton, the Klan is the closest American precursor to a Nazi movement.
- FDR came after Wilson, and he was a racist too. Hitler saw FDR as a kindred spirit and his New Deal was widely praised as an American form of fascism in the Nazi Party’s official newspaper.
After World War II the progressive Left started blaming their own atrocities on the Right. D’Souza writes,
- After World War II, the progressives [of the Left] recognized how crushing it would be if Americans knew about the actual record of progressivism and the Democrat Party…So progressives decided to tell a new story…Left-wing phenomena now got moved into the right-wing column. Suddenly Mussolini and Hitler became ‘right-wingers,’ and the people who supposedly brought them to power became ‘conservatives. The Left, then, became the glorious resisters of fascism and Nazism.