Here are eight trends that are bringing us closer to the one-world antichrist empire (from the book, Foreshadows:12 Megaclues that Jesus’ Return Is Nearer Than Ever, by Steve Miller).
1. A trend toward rule by power elites. It is interesting and kind of shocking that a majority of citizens disagree with the powerful economic elites. Nonetheless, most policymaking these days is dominated by powerful business organizations and a small number of affluent Americans.
2. A trend toward blind loyalty. We are seeing that people more and more are not thinking for themselves, and they are too lazy to investigate what is true. They are regarding loyalty to their party as more important than what is right and true. We see this esp. on the issue of abortion. It didn’t use to be this way. But today 100% of Democrats are for abortion and 100% of Republicans are for pro-life. This is so sad; in the end times people will blindly obey their government because of loyalty regardless of what is right.
3. A trend toward greater dependance upon government. We see this esp. in the area of universal health care—free health care! And this will pull the people to love and depend on their government—as their god.
4. A trend toward tightening the reins of power. We see that country leaders more and more are wanting to be authoritarians: China, Russia, North Korea, Turkey, Venezuela, Cambodia and more. Even the U. S. seems to be headed in that direction with its many executive orders and wanting to pack the court. Anything to get more control. And in the end the antichrist will be an absolute dictator.
5. A trend toward authoritarian governments advancing their agendas abroad. Today, thanks to globalism and technology, they can readily export their way of doing thing all over the world. China esp. has done this on a colossal scale.
6. A trend toward community identity. In communism and socialism, the state reigns supreme in people’s lives. Children belong to the state not the family; the state becomes the family. This ideology has become a major means of giving people a sense of community.
7. A trend toward expanding authoritarian power through technology. Both China and Russia have been involved in this—to exert their influence worldwide. But they use technology to manipulate information and the media, and to lie.
8. A trend toward silencing freedom of speech. This is a big one! In order for totalitarianism to succeed, freedom of speech (people that hold differing views) must be extinguished.
So what is a Christian to do in this changing world? Here are a few points:
- Do not rebel under evil authority. Jesus never encouraged that.
- Work at changing people’s hearts. Only the gospel can do that. Our greatest weapon for bringing about change is the gospel.
- It is possible for us, as Christians, to live and persevere without freedom of speech.
- Don’t be discouraged; trust in God.