A general description of woke, in Wikipedia, is “being alert to racial prejudice and discrimination. It later came to encompass a broader awareness of social inequalities such as sexism.
Perhaps a more specific definition more adapted from the left-wing movement is this: Wokeism is a movement to indoctrinate people into believing that white people are oppressors and that they need to “wake up” to that reality (from Beyond Biden).
I’m sure that if we were to interview ten different people on the street and ask them what wokeism is, that we would get ten different answers. Wokeism is a fairly new (or changing) concept and there is probably a lot of confusion about it. But we should know this: it is a concept and a movement that is Marxist, and it is being taught in our universities. And the movement is growing and it is evil and immoral; and it is against all that we know to be good, moral and right.
For this post I will take nine excerpts from chapter six of the book Beyond Biden, by Newt Gingrich on the topic of understanding wokeism. I am sure that Gingrich has done his homework on this subject—he has forty-six end notes on this chapter alone. Here goes…
What is wokeism?
- Wokeism is a toxic stew of left-wing philosophies that have merged into a self-perpetuating eruption of destructive nonsense flowing down from our universities into our K-12 classrooms, corporate boardrooms, and government centers. (Please read on.)
- The woke [those that believe in and teach wokeism] don’t care about truth, only about the advancement of their narrative.
- Critical theory teaches the woke (those that are just getting into this movement) that there is a hierarchy of oppression in the world. At the top sit straight, white Christian men. They have the most of what the woke call “privilege,” and because of that, their opinions should be dismissed.
- Anyone who expresses opinions that do not fit into the woke narrative is declared to have an inauthentic voice or having internalized oppression/racism.
- The woke believe racism pervades all of society, affects all our institutions and policies, and manifests itself in every single interaction we have as a people. As a result of this mindset, the woke see racism everywhere and feel compelled to “call it out” so it can be dismantled. (So, I suppose this is the basis for the rioting and what we call the great reset.)
- The idea of “whiteness” is a key concept for the woke and they want white people to become hyperaware of their racial identity. On this idea, a speaker of The Yale School of Medicine’s Department, Dr. Aruna Khilanani said, “White people are out of their minds and have been for a long time. She then bragged about cutting most white people out of her life. (This sound like Lori Lightfoot, the mayor of Chicago.)
- Ibram Kendi stated explicitly that schools should be used as centers of indoctrination rather than education. He argues that teachers must teach their students anti-racist ideas. However, as an anti-racist scholar said, “I am white. White people can never be anything but oppressors…Being complicit with racism is something that we as white people just are.
- The woke define whiteness in purely negative terms and then force white people to identify with that negativity. This, said Newt Gingrich, is cultlike behavior and is the first step in brainwashing.
- Wokeism claims that American ideals (such as hard work and merit) are a lie since it is part of the white culture.
You know, after pondering all this, the main idea I get from wokeism is that it is very childish and immature behavior. It is like what a group of misbehaved children would think of saying and doing to some other kids that they are mad at. They have no moral compass. They are just striking out, expressing their anger, saying: you got me so now I’m gonna get you. But the only real solution for all of us is to cry out to God for help. God alone will heal our wounds. He will give us a new heart and a new life so that we can all live together in harmony, black and white and brown together.