I’m sure many of you have heard stories of what has been going on at Grace Community Church (GCC) in Sun Valley, California, near Los Angeles. To put it mildly, they have been under attack. But, as I heard John MacArthur say today, 2020 has been a very clarifying year; the forces that have come against them have give them a great clarity (of what is really going on in the world and with Satan against the Church; and what is the churches purpose in the world).
My notes are very sporadic, but I will try to give you what was said in John MacArthur’s sermon. I will break it down into five parts.
GCC Has Been Under A Massive Assault
- Since the spring of 2020 GCC was forbidden to meet together, to sing together, or to have any fellowship meetings. But they did it anyway, probably citing Acts 5:28-29, saying “we must obey God rather than men.”
- GCC has been fined every Sunday since August, and has had nine court hearings. But so far, no judge has dared to convict the church.
- In October four church employees out of about 300 tested positive for Covid-19, and the media declare it “an outbreak.” But since then, they had to detract that declaration as untrue. Four cases are not an outbreak.
GCC Has Seen More Growth Than Ever Before
- In the last ten months the offering plate at GCC has not been passed, yet during that time frame more money has come in the history of the church.
- GCC has had a greater ministry with the police department than ever before.
- In 2020, 25,000 MacArthur Study Bibles went out to prisons. A new record.
- GCC have done weddings and funerals
- GCC has grown in numbers because of covid-19.
The Churches Continuing Purpose
- Though the new administration says they will support religious freedom, MacArthur says religious freedom sends people to hell—because being free to worship as we choose is not biblical. Jesus said, “I am the way the truth and the life.” There is no other way to believe than through Jesus. We should support only the truth.
- The churches purpose is to support the truth and to expose all lies as lies.
Many Churches Are Compromising
- The shift of evangelical leadership is to compromise, because of the social justice issue. But social justice is not equal justice. Social justice is now working to give money to homosexuals and to abortion clinics and to let criminals out of jail and to invite criminals and drugs into our country in the name of social justice.
The Future of the Church
- MacArthur said “We don’t win down here. But we win on the eternal battle field.”
- We are entering into an era of injustice and death for the church.
- Christianity is about two deaths: we died with Christ when we were saved; and we die to self and to the world when we live in the world as a Christian.