I didn’t use to pay much attention to the news. I just lived my life from day to day, not worrying about anything else in the world. I suppose that describes a young and irresponsible person. Well, people grow up—most people. And I guess I’ve finally been growing up and paying more attention to what’s happening around me. It’s been like that for the last few years; and now a more responsible change in me has made me kind of fearful. I mean I’m reading the newspaper more than I ever did, and I tune into the news channels more than I ever did. And I think that that is why I am feeling more anxious and fearful these days. But I have just now begun to think that reading and listening to the news doesn’t have to be a cause of anxiety. If I take it in with good and Godly intentions, it can be a great help to me and others.
Okay, here are…
Six Ways that Getting the News Can Benefit Me
1. When I read the newspaper, seek to find interesting news items to focus on and to blog on, so I can contribute what I learn to others.
2. Seek to find positive and uplifting stories—to find God’s grace in a corrupt and evil world.
3. Seek to find the different sides of issues, and then try to sift through it all to find the truth.
4. Be always prayerfully looking to find in the news both what is true and what is false (or evil). In this way I will eventually become more aware that God is building in me a godly discernment, and I will take great comfort in that realization.
5. If I am both prayerfully taking in the news, as well as reading the bible, I will be more keyed into how world events are falling in line with bible prophecy.
6. As I am made more aware of world events and how they fit into bible prophecy and into His timetable, I will feel more at peace with myself and with God, because I think I will be more in tune with Him. Thus, being more like him, I will be more objective in my thinking—so, to be able to look down on it all with wisdom and understanding, and to know what I can and should do to help others.