Here, in summary, are eighteen facets of importune prayer that I have written about in my book Principles of Prayer. Importune prayer…
- is an appeal to the friendship of God for our friends.
- goes beyond friendship.
- keeps asking with a shameless boldness.
- keeps increasing in intensity.
- is never discouraged.
- is prayer that would wear out and trouble any person of this earth.
- is prayer at all times, even in difficult times.
- is prayer that cries out in desperation for an urgent need.
- persists in asking even when God seems distant.
- is always with great faith.
- is prayers that is made out of a genuine concern for its object.
- is prayer that has a concern for righteousness and for God’s reputation.
- is prayer with a fearless boldness.
- is motivated out of a fear of God’s wrath.
- has a sacrificial passion and love for people.
- is prayer that has an…
View original post 59 more words